Monday 5 September 2011

Doing Good Stitches

I host the Cherish Circle of do.Good Stitches here in Oz.  It's the first one in Oz and I was very happy to be the Quilter for our inaugural quilt.  The rules are pretty simple and the Circle members have been busily sewing and pressing and posting their blocks to me.  Today I put them all together on the design wall and fashed about until I liked the layout:


I've got them half stitched together and tomorrow, if I can find a suitable fabric, I think I'll add a border - then it's onto the long-arm for quilting.  These blocks have come from wonderful ladies in the UK and here in Oz and they've all searched their stash (and bought in when they didn't have anything appropriate) and skilfully created 2 blocks each to give to someone they don't know - it's enough for them that this will bring someone comfort.  I love quilters......

1 comment:

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!