The latest block (no 37, Flower Pot) started with a great deal of promise. Remembering the issues I had with the very similar Bouquet (no. 8 - I'm doing mine in numerical order) I carefully cut out the templates for the flower bit and rotary cut the rest. I even remembered to cut the Pot on the diagonal so the effect wouldn't be lost on point. All good so far - even when I realised there was a Y seam I just went with the flow. I sewed and pressed and sewed and pressed and for the life of me, I can't work out how the block finished at 6.5" x 6.25". I thought to myself, I can fix that up in the sashing (there's a couple of others that have finished the same size) and went outside, in the glorious sunshine, to take a photo.
I uploaded it onto the computer and went to edit it for the close-up view - and that's when I noticed the Pot part will have a severe ding when it's joined to it's neighbours. As I said above, what's a blunt point or 2 between friends - but I'm making a bit of a stand I think - I'm going to remake the block and it WILL finish 6.5" x 6.5" and the points WILL be perfect - then I'll feel so much better about continuing with the Wife.
To keep the relationship strong, you just have to keep working at it - compromising when required and making a stand when it's important. Hm, in my head I can hear a robust version of 'Land of Hope and Glory' - I'd best just jump off my soapbox now.....
|Block 37, Flower Pot - the dodgy one|