Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Finally - sewing

After spending a couple of weeks drawing, with very limited success, we finally got the chance to start some sewing.

One of our assignments is to make a folio cover using one of our drawings as inspiration....now, as I've mentioned before, I'm a rotten drawer, but I did find something I liked the look of..

Not the whole thing - it's pretty grim!....but I do like the look of those flowers on the left hand side, so I uploaded it into Picnic (which is closing down soon - damn - it's a great photoshop site), cropped it, 'thermal heat'ed it, then pixellated and cropped again...we have to show our process...

then yesterday, my bff and I spent the morning at Spotlight (big 30% off everything) and the afternoon sewing....

I drew a grid of 1 1/2" squares on iron on vylene and placed the 1 1/2" squares on top, in the same order as my pixellated picture - and voila....now to sew the flower on the top - not sure how though...


  1. That is so cool, I love it!!! I have been wanting to do a pixellated quilt for a while now. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

  2. That looks great. I just made a small piece using the tute over at Oh Frannson. I'm using it as the centre of a mini quilt I'm trying to make!
    Looking forward to seeing the flowers.

  3. Love seeing the process. I would free motion the flowers, but have a feeling you are supposed to use fabric here.

  4. Cool process. If you need to pixellate anything again, the V&A museum has an app on their site to do this...

  5. Wow...I love seeing how you're getting from A to B - the process is fascinating. Keep showing us your progress!

  6. I really enjoy this process! *sigh* how I love solids...!


I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!